In 1992, a memorial was built for the nine U.S. Marines from Massachuchsetts who died in the Beirut bombing. The Massachuchsetts Beirut Memorial is located next to the Christopher Columbus Park in Boston. The Memorial has a circular granite-seating wall.
On the wall it reads: "Massachuchsetts Beirut Memorial - Dedicated to the nine Massachuchsetts Marines who lost their lives in Beirut, Lebanon 23 October 1983. Blessed are the Peacekeepers."
The names on the Memorial are:
- LCP Bradley J. Campus - Lynn, 1962-1982
- LCP Michael J. Devlin - Westwood, 1962-1983
- SGT MAJ Frederick B. Douglass - Cataumet, 1936-1983
- CPT Sean R. Gallagher - North Andover, 1952-1983
- SGT Edward J. Gargano - Quincy, 1962-1984
- CPT Richard J. Gordon - Somerville, 1961-1983
- CPT Michael S. Haskell - Westborough, 1950-1983
- SGT Steven B. LaRiviere - Chicopee, 1961-1983
- LCP Thomas S. Perron - Whitinsville, 1964-1983