October 23, 2018
October 22, 2018
October 22, 2018
October 13, 2018
October 12, 2018
10/20 @ 9 am, New River Harley-Davidson
October 11, 2018
2394 Wilmington HighwayMeet at New River Harley-Davidson, 2394 Wilmington Highway, Jacksonville, NC 28540
October 1, 2018
April 18, 2018
We must Always Remember the sacrifices of that day.
All Members are invited to log in using the link below. You can nominate officers and board members and view the minutes from our last meeting on Oct. 22, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to know your Member ID to login.
If we have a valid email on file for your membership you can request your Member ID and reset your password using the Reset Password link.
Any questions about accessing the portal should be directed to [email protected].
March 23, 2018
You must CALL the hotels to get the Group Rate; the websites will not accept the Group Code!
December 18, 2017
survivors of all of the tragic events that have occurred in our pursuit for peace and stability in Beirut and all of Lebanon.
October 23, 2017
The main ceremony located in Lejeune Memorial Garden began at 1030 on Monday, October 23, 2017.
This event was managed by The City of Jacksonville in cooperation with Marine Corps Installation East-Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, & the Beirut Memorial Advisory Board.
- Musical Prelude - 2d Marine Division Band
- Master of Ceromonies - Ron Bower; Beirut Memorial Advisory Board
- Invocation - Chris Phillips; Pastor, River Life Church
- March of the Colors - Second Battalion, Eight Marine Regiment
- National Anthem - 2d Marine Division Band
- Welcome - Sammy Phillips; Mayor, City of Jacksonville
- Guest Speaker - HMCS Darrell Gibson, USN, Ret, Beirut Veteran
- Musical Interlude - 2n Marine Division Band
- Beirut Memorial Observance Address - Lt General Robert F Hedelund, USMC, Commanding General, II Marine Expetionary Force
- Special Music - Prayer of the Children, Arranged by Andrea Klouse, My Country 'Tis of Thee, Samuel F Smith
White Oak High School Chamber Choir, Directed by Hillary Goodson-Spear
- Laying of Wreaths
- Rifle Salute - Second Battalion, Eighth Marine Regiment
- Taps - 2d Marine Division Band
- Retire the Colors - Second Battalion, Eighth Marine Regiment
- Benediction - Lt. Commander Ulysses Ubalde, USN, Chaplain, Eighth Marine Regiment
- Musical Postlude - 2d Marine Division Band
October 22, 2017
1500 -1800 Annual BVA Membership Meeting: USO
1800-2200: Beirut Veterans Get Together: Holiday Inn Express
Oct 23, MONDAY 2017
0600: Candlelight Ceremony at Memorial: Camp Johnson
1030: Remembrance Ceremony at Memorial: Camp Johnson
1400: Marine Corps League Devil Dogs Ceremony—Camp Geiger Circle
(NOTE** Access to Camp Geiger is through MCAS New River Main Gate)
1800-2200: Hospitality Suite: Beirut Veterans and Families: Holiday Inn Express
October 22, 2017
October 18, 2017
October 10, 2017
October 1, 2017
August 1, 2017
May 28, 2017
May 1, 2017
February 19, 2017
Glenn Dolphin served as a 1st LT in the role of Asst Communications Officer for HQ 24th MAU during its deployment in Beirut from May to November of 1983. He authored an account of his experience in Beirut in a book titled 24 MAU 1983. In the book he shared his heart, humor, and commitment to duty.
October 8, 2016
Registration begins at 0900 at New River Harley Davidson.
September 18, 2016
August 24, 2016
The Comfort Suites, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and Mainstay Suites all have blocks set up for Beirtut Veterans and families.
Comfort Suites, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express are honoring the $65.00 plus tax per night amount for kings or doubles. Mainstay Hotel is honoring 1 Queen, $60/night; 2 Queens, $70/night. See form below for more details on room availability.
August 10, 2016
October 28, 2015
I hope this finds everyone back at home and settled back safely into their routines no matter where you live. I’d like to say thank you to all of you who traveled to Jacksonville and to those who arranged and held separate Remembrance Ceremonies in other locations. If you weren’t able to attend a Remembrance I’m sure you were with us in spirit.
Congratulations go out to our new appointees and Board Member. They are:
Richard Truman ; New Membership Chair
Jeff Hamman; Root Scoop Editor
Stacey Pollard; Board of Directors
I look forward to working with all of you. Your willingness to step up and answer the call of service to the BVA speaks volumes.
A special thank you again this year to Dan Joy whose tireless efforts and leadership set an example for us all.